Summer can be brutal to your plumbing system, too! While keeping up with your maintenance tasks isn’t something you really think about, it’s important to make sure your plumbing system doesn’t become a costly problem this hot season.
Before you head out to your summer destination, take note of this plumbing maintenance checklist:
Slab Leak 101
Every now and then, leaks can happen anywhere in your home. Unfortunately, some of these problems occur where you can hardly detect them. If worse comes to worst, you will have to deal with mold issues or damaged foundation. To help you identify a slab leak, watch out for these signs:
- Warm or wet spots on your floor
- Reduced water pressure
- You hear the sound of running water when pipes or faucets aren’t on.
- Unusually high water bill
- Cracks in the wall or ceiling
If you noticed any of these symptoms, schedule a slab leak detection as soon as possible.
Clear All Your Drains
Clogged drains and toilets are common plumbing issues in Little Elm, TX homes. Before your friends or guests arrive for summer party or gathering, be sure to deal with the clogs immediately. You can use a mix of vinegar and baking soda to clean out your drains and a plunger for minor clogs. Why wait to get into this mess when you can prevent it? Follow these tips below:
- Do not flush wet wipes, toilet papers, and other hygiene products.
- Install mesh screens below your drains to collect food particles, hair, soap scum, and other gunk.
- Throw the coffee grounds in the garbage.
- Get a quality plunger and learn how to properly use it.
- Save your cooking grease in a handy jar or container. Don’t pour it down your drain.
Check The Odds And Ends
Kitchen sinks, garbage disposals, and fixtures can experience leaks and other plumbing problems. Take some extra time to check all of them and make sure they are working correctly and efficiently. Also, inspect the handles, washer hoses, and visible pipes for any cracks or holes. Take care of these issues before they get worse.
Call Go Pro Plumbing Today!
Don’t let a slab leak or burst pipes spoil your summer fun. Contact our expert plumbers at Go Pro Plumbing for fast and dependable plumbing repairs and services.